The popular Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program:One of the most populous provinces of Canada, Ontario nominates candidates through its Nominee program: Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). With the help of this program, the province selects those candidates who have the required skills and experience. The OINP has the following three immigration categories:
- Human Capital Category
- Business Category
- Employer Job Offer Category
First Nomination of 2020: Express Entry linked stream employed.The Human Capital Category of the OINP includes two subcategories- Express Entry Stream and the International Graduates Stream. Recently, Ontario has exercised its Express Entry linked stream to issue 242 invitations to candidates to apply for provincial nomination. These Notifications of Interest (NOI) are issued with the help of the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream. However, it is important to note that prospective candidates must meet the eligibility criteria of the Express Entry system in order to apply under the Express entry linked streams. Also, candidates who are nominated by the express entry linked stream of the province are awarded 600 points extra in their CRS scores.
French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream:This stream helps Ontario select those candidates who belong to the federal express entry pool and are proficient in both languages, French and English. An applicant need not have a job offer to apply for the provincial nomination through this stream. The emphasis is primarily on language ability.
Requirements for French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream:
- Candidates should belong to Federal skilled worker class or Canadian experience class
- Proficiency in French at a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or higher
- Proficiency in English at CLB level 6 or higher
- Minimum one year of work experience throughout five years under federal skilled worker stream
- One year of work experience within three years under the Candian Experience Class